ILCS Mid-Career Awards:
The "SAMSUNG Award" and the "LG Display Award"
The Awards are to recognize the contribution of mid-career researchers to advancements in science and/or technology in the field of liquid crystals.
The Awards are to recognize the contribution of mid-career researchers for advancements in science and/or technology in the field of liquid crystals.
- The Awards are exclusively for contributions to the field of liquid crystals.
- A nominee must not have previously received either of the two Awards.
- A nominee must have published the Ph.D. thesis between 10 and 25 years prior to the year of the ILCC at which the Awards will be made. For 2012, eligible nominees will have published their theses during the years 1987 - 2002.
- The cumulative body of research of a candidate should have significantly impacted the liquid crystal field.
- The Award recipients will be expected to give a brief presentation based on their work at the ILCC Awards Session.
- The Awards will receive a framed certificate from the Society with a citation for the contribution of each awardee.
- A cash prize to be determined by the ILCS Board. The amount of the prize will be determined by the financial status of the two endowed funds, and based on the recommendation of the Treasurer and the President of ILCS.
- The Awards will be announced at least six weeks before the ILCC begins.
- The Awards will be bestowed and the candidates recognized at the Awards Session at the ILCC, where the awardees will be also invited to present a 30 minute talk.
- The Award will also include an invitation to attend the Awards Dinner.
- The awardee will receive a 2 year ILCS membership.
Nomination materials should be submitted by the 15th of February of the year of the ILCC at which the Award will be given, and should include the candidate’s particulars (such as a copy of a recent CV and contact information), a note from the candidate consenting to be a nominee, and a one page letter of nomination. The letter should cite the candidate’s scientific contribution and its impact on the field, and why the contribution is outstanding. The nominator may submit copies of not more than five items as representative scholarly work of the nominee. All nomination materials should be submitted using the on-line Submission Form.
Incomplete nominations may be returned/rejected without consideration.
List of previous winners